User Activity (Users Viewed, Viewing Thread, Viewing Forum)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Will Watts

Customer
Hey,

Having some issues using this add-on in the latest version of 2.1 Beta 5. The add-on installs correctly, and I'm able to see users who are currently viewing the thread/forum, but I can't see users who have previously read the thread.

I also can't see the users viewing the forum count on the forum list.

I know we're using this with beta software - but is this a known issue with 2.1, or is it something specific to our site/theme?

Thanks!

XenConcept

Backend Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hello,

Old readers are not displayed because it will overload the database. You can change the recording time via the XenForo options.

admin.php?options/groups/discussionOptions/

Will Watts

Customer
Sorry - not following.

The setting is currently set to 30 days, but I'm trying to view people who read the thread today. e.g. if I read a thread, and revisit 10 minutes later, shouldn't this section display correctly? What do I need to do to get this to display?

What about this "Forum Title (1 viewing)" ? How do I get this to appear?

Will Watts

Customer
Viewing forums with the (1 viewing) system is working actually - just can't work out why the thread readers isn't displaying.

I'll check individual forum perms again as well.

XenConcept

Backend Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The thread readers function is functional. I use the xenforo table that saves readers. If the readers are not displayed it is nothing in the database.