User activity

• Hello Guest, Are you looking for a product but it doesn't exist? Or would you like a customized add-on?
    Contact us for a personalized quote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

How to remove Copyright link?

JoyFreak

Customer
Nov 23, 2017
Very well done on implementing these features, they are working as expected, thank you.

Three questions.

1. Does the user activity viewing forum option (i.e X viewing) include bots?
2. What is the timeout limit on the User viewing (i.e if you was in the thread for X time how long till you no longer show in the "Whos viewing thread"?
3. Same question as above but how long for viewing forum before timeout?

Reactions: Fethi.dz

XenConcept

Backend Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Oct 14, 2017
Rennes
www.xen-concept.com
Here are the answers to your questions.
  1. Yes they include Robot Guest Members
  2. With the option "admin.php?options/groups/users/#onlineStatusTimeout"
  3. With the option "admin.php?options/groups/users/#onlineStatusTimeout"

Uch

Dec 21, 2023
Just installed User Activity add on.
Have played with the options and after ticking Enable readers thread under Read options, I have the readers thread block displayed for an individual thread, which is displaying the list of users that have read the thread.

What I would really like to have displayed is the date and time that each reader read that thread.

From this post, it seems that this was being displayed, but incorrectly:
and you described a fix here:
so the functionality does seem to be part of the add on, however I can't find how to configure it.

In your add on Overview, there is an editable Block title, which might be part of the config:
(https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenconcept-user-activity.5936/ Overview)

1703120716872.png

However, that field isn't present in the configurable options I have for the add on:

1703120814804.png

XenConcept

Backend Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Oct 14, 2017
Rennes
www.xen-concept.com
Just installed User Activity add on.
Have played with the options and after ticking Enable readers thread under Read options, I have the readers thread block displayed for an individual thread, which is displaying the list of users that have read the thread.

What I would really like to have displayed is the date and time that each reader read that thread.

From this post, it seems that this was being displayed, but incorrectly:
and you described a fix here:
so the functionality does seem to be part of the add on, however I can't find how to configure it.

Hello,

Here

1703254008176.png

In your add on Overview, there is an editable Block title, which might be part of the config:
(https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenconcept-user-activity.5936/ Overview)

The screenshots have not been updated. The option has been replaced by a phrase xc_user_activity_who_read_this_thread_total_members_x

Uch

Dec 21, 2023
OK, thanks for your reply.
I've found that phrase.

Is there any way at the thread level that I can get the last view time per reader/viewer displayed on the forum pages?

We've found the time in the page source for a forum page that displays the Who Read this Thread block as in this example:

<h3 class="block-header block-userActivity--header">
Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 19)
</h3>
<a href="/members/uch.6/" class="username " dir="auto" data-user-id="6" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="Uch read last seen: Dec 22, 2023 at 12:16 AM"><span class="username--moderator username--admin">Uch</span></a>

It would be really nice to have this displayed on the forum pages rather than having to go into the page source to find it.
If it's by editing that phrase, could you give me an example of the setting needed to achieve this.

The current setting is unchanged from when installed as follows:
Who Read This Thread (Total Members: {total})

Uch

Dec 21, 2023
Can you send a screenshot of what you want with you so that you can understand it better ?

Something like this would be ideal:

1703296138692.png

Alternatively show the view times when hovering over each user in the existing block that's displayed.
The only thing that currently displays when hovering over a user is the members link eg https://forum.../members/uch.6

Uch

Dec 21, 2023
I had the impression from reading this page of the Discussion thread about the add on that something like this functionality was already included.
and your post on that page:

This information was the primary reason for purchasing the add on.

Perhaps it was taken out before we purchased or only ever existed in the table and the page source for the web page?

XenConcept

Backend Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Oct 14, 2017
Rennes
www.xen-concept.com
I had the impression from reading this page of the Discussion thread about the add on that something like this functionality was already included.
and your post on that page:

This information was the primary reason for purchasing the add on.

Perhaps it was taken out before we purchased or only ever existed in the table and the page source for the web page?
What are you talking about? I don't think we understand each other.

Uch

Dec 21, 2023
What are you talking about? I don't think we understand each other.
It's no big deal.
We can work with getting the information from right clicking on the web page and selecting Page Source.

My question really was whether this sort of information could easily be displayed on the forum page. Perhaps by some configuration option, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
"Uch read last seen: Dec 22, 2023 at 12:16 AM"

XenConcept

Backend Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Oct 14, 2017
Rennes
www.xen-concept.com
It's no big deal.
We can work with getting the information from right clicking on the web page and selecting Page Source.

My question really was whether this sort of information could easily be displayed on the forum page. Perhaps by some configuration option, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
"Uch read last seen: Dec 22, 2023 at 12:16 AM"
Can you give an access on you site for test it ?

Uch

Dec 21, 2023
I have just tried hovering over my name on this page (your forum) and this is what I see:

1703355014132.png

I don't see that tooltip appear on our forum.
Is there a setting I need to enable?

Uch

Dec 21, 2023
Now that I've seen this working on your site, we'll do some digging at our end first.
Will come back to you and let you know, whatever the result.

Thanks for your responses so far.